3M™ Cubitron™ ll Cloth Belt 947A
3M™ Cubitron™ ll Cloth Belt 947A features Precision Shaped Grain on a X-weight, poly-cotton backing. 974A belts are resin bonded for improved heat resistance and are recommended to be used dry.
This product is not available for online purchase. Add the product to the cart and request an offer.
- Precision Shaped Grain cuts exceptionally fast, helping to increase productivity
- Requires less pressure, reducing operator fatigue
- Suitable for dry applications
- X-weight backing is ideal for a range of applications
- Engineered to run cooler – protecting heat sensitive alloys from stress cracks and discolouration
- Lasts up to 4 times longer than conventional ceramic belts
Use 3M™ Cubitron™ ll Cloth Belt 947A for outstanding results on applications ranging from high-pressure, automated grinding to low and medium pressure offhand operations, on equipment such as backstands, file belt sanders, inline sanders and stroke sanders. Our 947A belts feature Precision Shaped Grain on a X-weight, poly-cotton backing.
Precision Shaped Grain forms into triangular points that slice through metal rather than gouging or ploughing like traditional abrasives. These points continuously self-sharpen as they fracture, generating an extremely fast cut with less heat build-up – reducing heat-related stress cracks and discolouration. The abrasive produces a uniform finish over its life and helps eliminate burning during end-grain sanding applications.
The X-weight cloth backing provides durability and has the mineral is resin bonded to it for reliable performance, even under high heat and pressure.
Recommendation for implementation
- For high-pressure, automated grinding to low and medium pressure offhand operations, on equipment such as backstands, file belt sanders, inline sanders and stroke sanders